In an ideal situation it is prudent to follow some simple guidelines before treatment that can make all the difference by reducing some possible side effects associated with the injections. We realize this is not always possible; however, minimizing these risks is always desirable.
- Avoid Alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment (Alcohol my thin the blood increasing risk of bruising).
- Avoid Anti-inflammatory & blood thinning medications ideally, for a period of two weeks before treatment. Such as: Aspirin, Vitamin E, Gingo Biloba, St. John's Wort, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, ioxx, and other NSAIDS are all blood thinners.
- Schedule appointment at least two weeks prior to a special event.
- No straining, heavy lifting, vigorous exercise for 3-4 hours following treatment.
- Avoid Manipulation of area for 3-4 hours following treatment.
- Facial exercises in the injected areas is recommended for 1-hour following treatment.
- Do not lie down or bend over for 3-4 hours following treatment.
- It can take 2-10 day to take full effect.
- Avoid Retin-A, Glycolic Acid, Vitamin C, & Kinerase for 24 hours.
- If you have history of herpes (cold sores) with outbreaks more than 4 times a year it is recommended that you take Valtrex 2 GM the day before or the day of the treatment and then another GM's 12 hours after the first dose. **We will be happy to prescribe this for you**
- If you develop a cold, flu, blemish, sore, or rash, in the area to be treated you must reschedule.
- Schedule your treatment 2 weeks prior to a special event.
- Discontinue use of Aspirin, Motrin, Ginkgo Biloba, Garlic, Flaw Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, or n other fatty acids at least 3 days to 1 week before & after treatment to minimize bruising & bleeding.
- Avoid Alcohol, caffeine, Niacin, high-sodium foods, high-sugar foods, refined carbohydrates, spicy foods, & cigarettes 24-48 hours before & after your treatment.
- Discontinue Retin-A two to three days before treatment to avoid redness & irritation.
- DO NOT touch, rub, manipulate the treated areas 6 hours after treatment.
- Avoid exercise, sun, and heat exposure for 3 days after treatment.
- Avoid Aspirin, Motrin, Ginkgo Biloba, Garlic, Flaw Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, or n other fatty acids at least 3 days to 1 week after treatment to minimize bruising & bleeding.
- Do not use Retin-A 2 days after treatment.
- Do not wear lipstick or makeup until the next day.
- Avoid Alcohol, caffeine, Niacin, high-sodium foods, high-sugar foods, refined carbohydrates, spicy foods, & cigarettes 24-48 after your treatment.
- One side may heal faster than the other side, so please be patient.
- You must wait 2 weeks after lip injections to receive more injections, retreating, or correction.
***PLEASE REPORT ANY INCREASE IN PAIN/SWELLING***