In an ideal situation it is prudent to follow some simple guidelines before treatment that can make all the difference by reducing some possible side effects associated with the injections.
- Avoid Alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment (Alcohol my thin the blood increasing risk of bruising).
- Avoid Anti-inflammatory & blood thinning medications ideally, for a period of two weeks before treatment. Such as: Aspirin, Vitamin E, Gingo Biloba, St. John's Wort, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, ioxx, and other NSAIDS are all blood thinners.
- Schedule appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a special event.
- No straining, heavy lifting, vigorous exercise for 3-4 hours following treatment.
- Avoid Manipulation of area treated.
- Avoid use of hats/caps for 1 week.
- Do not lie down or bend over for 3-4 hours following treatment.
- Avoid Retin-A, Glycolic Acid, Vitamin C, & Kinerase for 24 hours.
- If you have history of herpes (cold sores) with outbreaks more than 4 times a year it is recommended that you take Valtrex the day before or the day of the treatment and then another dose 12 hours after the first dose. **We will be happy to prescribe this for you**
- If you develop a cold, flu, blemish, sore, or rash, in the area to be treated you must reschedule.
- Discontinue use of Aspirin, Motrin, Ginkgo Biloba, Garlic, Flaw Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, or n other fatty acids at least 3 days to 1 week before & after treatment to minimize bruising & bleeding.
- Avoid Alcohol, caffeine, Niacin, high-sodium foods, high-sugar foods, refined carbohydrates, spicy foods, & cigarettes 24-48 hours before & after your treatment.
- Discontinue Retin-A two to three days before treatment to avoid redness & irritation.
- Schedule your treatment 2 weeks prior to a special event.
- DO NOT touch, rub, manipulate the treated areas unless directed by your injector.
- Avoid exercise, sun, and heat exposure for 3 days after treatment.
- Avoid Aspirin, Motrin, Ginkgo Biloba, Garlic, Flaw Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, or n other fatty acids at least 3 days to 1 week after treatment to minimize bruising & bleeding.
- Do not use Retin-A 2 days after treatment.
- Do not wear lipstick or makeup until the next day.
- Avoid Alcohol, caffeine, Niacin, high-sodium foods, high-sugar foods, refined carbohydrates, spicy foods, & cigarettes 24-48 after your treatment.
- One side may heal faster than the other side, so please be patient.
- You must wait 2 to 4 weeks after filler injections to receive more injections, retreating, or correction.
***PLEASE REPORT ANY INCREASE IN PAIN/SWELLING IMMEDIATELY ***